Children & Families
Children and families
Children & Families Work Vision
Our aim and vision for the children and young people of the Iver Parish area is to show them that Christianity is still relevant in today’s world and to teach them about Jesus Christ. So building God’s foundations in these hearts of the future; all being done in an encouraging and supporting environment.
Sundays and Schools
During our 10am service at St Peter’s and monthly combined services at both churches we run ‘Sunday Seekers’ for ages 5-11 (with older children helping). Our adult leaders run an exciting and varied programme including games, drama, craft and Bible stories.
We are currently running Sunday Seekers sessions via Google Classroom. Please email Rachel for more details at email@example.com
In recent times we have worked hard in this field and are glad that we are now in regular contact with both the Iver Village Infant and Junior Schools being involved in assemblies for the children. This is a thriving relationship which is growing and we are keen to build on this aspect for the generations to come. We currently present “Open the Book” each week in the Infant School and regular assemblies at the Junior School.
Children and Families Work
Our services aren’t just on a Sunday. We provide a range of activities throughout the year including:
- TotZone Weekly Toddler Group every Thursday (during term time) in St Peter’s Church from 9.15am to 10.45am
- Messy Church – held occasionally on a Sunday afternoon at 3.30pm at St Peter’s Church Craft activities, Short Bible talks, games and sandwiches and lots and lots of “FUN” for all the family (children need to be accompanied by a responsible adult).
- Annual Light Party (A Christian alternative to Halloweeen)
- Lighthouse Holiday Club in August
- We have growing links with the hugely popular St Peter’s Football Club which was established many years ago by members of the church. They meet on a Saturday morning for numerous age groups. For more information on St Peters Football Club contact James Fox on 01753 582949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org