St Leonard’s Church
A building was erected on the site of St Leonard’s Church about 1839 on land donated
by John Augustus Sullivan, the owner of the Richings Park estate.
Its main purpose may have been as a school for estate workers of Richings Park, but
it was soon licensed for services although there was no regular worship there.
The building later fell out of use but in 1874 Mrs Charlotte Meeking of Richings
Park paid for restoration work……….