“Go out and serve the people of Iver in the name of Jesus by offering Jesus to them, by sharing his love in word and in deeds, by encouraging them to walk in his footsteps”
Iver is a very historic place. It is situated in the extreme southeast of Buckinghamshire and includes
the separate districts of Iver Village, Iver Heath and Richings Park. Iver has been inhabited since the
Stone Age. Implements from prehistory have been found in gravel pits and the Colne Brook.
The name Iver is Saxon in origin recorded first in 893 and the parish church of St. Peter has Saxon
work in the nave. Iver is mentioned in the Domesday Survey of 1086 with it's Saxon name of Evreham.
Today Iver Village is the centre of an extended Parish. Apart from residential areas, local shopping facilities and first and junior schools there is still agriculture practised. Light industry ranges from motor vehicle maintenance to food production. Warehouses make use of the nearby motorway network for the distribution of a diversity of products. The villagescape has changed much in the last two centuries but the heart of the village is a conservation area, designated in 1982
The coming of the railway, Brunel's Great Western route, had little impact on Iver until a station was opened after World War One that led to the development of Richings Park. Trains go east to Paddington and west to Slough and beyond. South from Iver village Thorney Lane crosses the Slough arm of the Grand Union canal and the railway line leading to Richings Park, a planned residential development by the Sykes brothers from Yorkshire before World War Two. Main Drive to the south of North Park led to the mansion that gave Richings Park its name and the tree lined route is still in evidence.
THE PARISH SETTING
The parish of Iver extends over four square miles and contains two Anglican churches
Iver is the centre of the parish and consists of a village community with a mixture
of houses built on the framework of the old village, a number of which are privately
owned but there are also a number of rented dwellings, including some local authority
property. Richings Park is an estate of privately owned houses, largely built in
the 1920's, located about a mile from the village. Presently there is a large amount
of property development in progress including a number of luxury homes. Much of
the property being sold in Richings Park is being purchased by Sikh, Hindu and other
There is a thriving village hall which is a centre for drama, club meetings and functions, and bus services connect Iver Village and Richings Park to Uxbridge and Slough. Apart from residential areas local shopping facilities, infant and junior schools, the parish is still an agricultural area. The nearest hospitals are Wexham Park and Hillingdon, both about 3 miles away. The Local Council is South Bucks District Council (SBDC), and the Local Education Authority is Buckinghamshire.
"To Seek, to Serve and to Share Jesus Christ daily"